We got to go camping up near Duluth and had a great time. This is just a couple of pictures of it. The one is of the kids by the river when we went for a walk and then the other two are of a rock wall that we climbed. I think the kids must be part mountain goat the way they scampered up the wall. They had no problem at all finding hand and toe-holds. The wall is probably about 40 feet high and actually quite steep. There is a picture of us at the top that Jeff took from the bottom and then a picture taken from the top looking down. You can see the kids' bikes under the tree at the bottom. I wish that I would have gotten a picture of them as they climbed up but they were too fast. They rode their bikes to the wall and I was walking so they got to it first. By the time I got there they were already at least halfway up the wall. Jeff and I climbed it too and I was a little nervous because it was so steep and I didn't find hand and toe-holds as well as they seemed to but they didn't hesitate for a second. I think they made Grandma's heart skip a beat or two as they went up, she had a hard time watching. Every time Kaelen sees a mountain or a big rock, she wants to climb it, she is quite adventurous, so this was a great chance for her and fun for the rest of us too.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment